Patience has always been Caleb Whitetail’s strength. Quiet and unassuming is what you see with the GFI investigator, but the blood boils hot right under the surface. He kept his distance for years only to see the woman who has held his attention almost lose her life not just once, but twice. He is done standing in the shadows.
Katie Acker, once a tough and athletic security specialist now struggles daily to walk. The closest to family she has are her colleagues at GFI. Especially the man who saved her life and always has her back. So when she unwittingly becomes the focus of a Mexican cartel, it’s no big surprise she finds him right by her side.
With the combustive change in their deepening bond, Katie and Caleb do not see the oncoming danger – until it surrounds them.
· “Freya does it yet again. Against Me is wonderfully written with enough heat to keep ya warm at night” – D M Earl, Author
· “The characters in these books are so real that you feel they could live next door.” – Lena G.
· “Freya, they just keep getting better and better. I am sitting on pins and needles waiting to see what you have in store for us next with the Cedar Tree gang.” – Pam, Ripe For Reader
· ” I had some laughs and giggles, nail biting, but loved every page of this book, The characters in all of Freya’s books seem so real. You feel like you know them.” – Deb, Debs Books
· “The depth of emotions laced with humor puts the Cedar Tree Series as one of my favorites.” – Loves 2 Read Romance
· “Just an amazing story where the author continues to get better and better.” – DaHook for M&B Books Blog
· “Yet again a book where the characters are “real” people, who suffer “real” issues. They don’t bitch and moan, they take life and all it dishes out.” – Lynn N.
· “The Cedar Tree series is fast becoming one of my all time faves….Having read and thoroughly enjoyed the first two books I’ve been looking forward to reading Caleb & Katie’s story, and once again, Freya didn’t disappoint with Against Me!!!” – Tracy, Book Loving Pixies